The Challenge of Managing Communication Overload
- Public Relations Writers not only communicates to a broad audience, they communicate through personal things, such as emails, memos, phone calls, and face-to-face communication.
- A smart writer follows the basic guidelines which are clarity, completeness, conciseness, courtesy, and responsibility… these things should be in all writings.
Increase the effectiveness of email by:
- Providing key information in the subject line
- Keeping them to 25 lines or less
- Using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
NOTE: Keeping things simple, short and to the point is a great way to reduce information overload.
Click this link for more detailed information on Chp 14 (in presentation format)