To blog or not to blog, that is the question? Many PR students wonder if they should start blogging or what’s it like to blog. In this blog, I want to give you my top reasons on why Public Relations students should take that fun and exciting step to blog.
Before I give you the top reasons, I will like you to know that I wondered why should I start blogging? “I feel like its my own”. Blogging gave me a confident feel to my writing and it feels like my opinion actually matters. YAY to all you bloggers out there!
Now back to the Top Ten Reasons Why PR Students should Blog:
- Gives a great Credibility: A public relations person needs to have credibility for support. When it comes to marketing a company, person or a product; having the credibility gives you “integrity” to gain trust from your primary audience.
- Creates an Audience for the future: As a one begins to look for a company or a product to help with its PR, having an audience from just blogging will help you advertise who you are as a writer, which will benefit you as a whole.
- Expands your Writing Skills: In order to become a great writer, they say write until you can’t write anymore. The more practice and experience you have in writing , the better your writing skills will become.
- Gives a Reference for Resume: A key essential in all interviews is to have plenty of experience in whatever you do. With that in mind, if you feel that your writing is up to par and your confident in it, give them your blog as a reference to gain points in experience.
- Keeps you up to date with current events: In this day and age, things are continuously going on. With blogging you can subscribe to other bloggers that blog specifically on news related information. This will become your online source for current events.
- May connect you with a possible employer or client: Like any other social site, Blogging connects you with millions of other bloggers that have other PR agencies looking to connect with a possible employer. If they notice your blog, they may ask if you would like to be apart of there company.
- Helps you realize what you like to write about: Many of us do not know where to start when it comes to PR. It’s such a broad horizon with so many different opportunities. Utilizing a blog can help you explore many others and gather some ideas of where you’d like start.
- Helps market a favorite product or person: Blogging is all about the “public opinion”. When you blog as a PR student you are marketing some person or product in some way. With tags to your blog, the search engine links to your personal blog and it will be read by readers who want to hear your opinion towards that product or person.
- Helps you to have fun and become creative: Expressing yourself is a great feeling. Why not do so by blogging. As a PR student blogging gives a great opportunity for you to be creative, and have fun with what you are writing about. By being creative you can make or add your own theme that expresses who you are. This will help you to create “you” and enjoy it as a whole.
- Great Use for Networking: As said before, connecting with others through blogging will benefit you. This allows you to network with friends, family, and acquaintances based upon your interests. Networking is a big part of public relations so this is just a plus when it comes to blogging.
From another person’s reason to blog. Here is a great video on Why you should start blogging. Period.
What do you think about my top lists? What are some other reasons why a PR student should start blogging?